Gnome-terminal focus

When I left-click on a tab in gnome-terminal the focus is on the tab and not
in the terminal at the prompt.  How can I change that behaviour to take
the focus to where the prompt is?

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies                            Telefoon: 021-808 4699
Databestuurder /  Data manager

Sentrum vir Navorsing oor Evaluasie, Wetenskap en Tegnologie
Centre for Research on Evaluation, Science and Technology
Universiteit Stellenbosch.

     "The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh
      me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside
      the still waters...Surely goodness and mercy shall
      follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell
      in the house of the LORD for ever."
                          Psalms 23:1,2,6