Re: debian wheezy how to configure Desktop environment/windows manager as an alternativ to Xfce4/xfwm4

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 20:44:56 -0600, Kjetil brinchmann Halvorsen wrote:

> Hola!

Hola :-)

> In an earlier mail I told about problems with Xfce4/xfwm4 caused by
> updating.
>
> Now, I try to find out how to test alternatives, like enlightenment. I
> installed enlightenment (e17)
> through synaptic, but that was not enough to run it!
>
> So how can I set up the system to have a possibulity to switch between
> multiple different
> windows managers, ideally, gdm3 should ask for what to use?
>
> Any othet good ideas for replacement? What are the experiences out
> there? And how could I just keep Xfce4, but change windows manager?

I don't have any direct experience when it comes to manage different wm/
desktops because I usually have only one installed to avoid messing up
things (yup, I'm a coward user :-P), but I'm fairly sure any window
manager (gdm3/kdm/ldm/xdm/lightdm/whichever you prefer...) is able to let
you choose between multiple window managers and desktops from the login
screen.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón