Re: Setting Postfix + Courier + Cyrus: cannot find user dir on authentication

On Thu, 05 Jan 2012 12:39:01 +0100, Sergi Pons Freixes wrote:

> 2012/1/4 Tony van der Hoff <tony@vanderhoff.org>
>> I used this to set up Courier
>> http://edin.no-ip.com/blog/hswong3i/exim4-courier-ssl-debian-etch-mini-
howto

>> Which contains this:
>> If you have an existing user account without Maildir under home
>> directory, run the following command: maildirmake ~/Maildir
>
> In the setup I use, the emails are not stored under each local user's
> home, but in /home/vmail/user@domain/ . The Maildir hierarchy is
> reproduced inside this directory, as I showed on the first message.

Sergi, "chdir Maildir: No such file or directory" message seems to mean
the server is trying to "go" to that directory and is not found, because
it does not exist.

http://www.courier-mta.org/imapd.html

"(...) The last daisy-chained command is imapd, which is the actual IMAP
server, which is started from the logged-in account's home directory. The
sole argument to imapd is the pathname to the default IMAP mailbox, which
is usually ./Maildir. Some authentication modules are capable of
specifying a different filename, by setting the MAILDIR environment
variable."

I would start by discarding a problem with a bad folder structure
required by Courier.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón