Re: Setting Postfix + Courier + Cyrus: cannot find user dir on authentication

On 04/01/12 16:55, Camaleón wrote:
On Tue, 03 Jan 2012 22:22:25 +0100, Sergi Pons Freixes wrote:

Hi All,

Hi Sergi. Please, turn off html when sending e-mails, they're hard to
read from text based e-mail clients :-)

I am trying to adapt a tutorial for setting a mail server in Arch Linux
[1] to Debian. I finished the step of PostfixAdmin, and I perfectly can
send e-mails from it and add users and domains to the database. Looking
at /home/vmail, I also checked that I can receive e-mails. Before
setting up Rouncube, I wanted to try accessing with Thunderbird, but I
am getting the message of Incorrect username or password.

Looking at the logs, on mail.log I can see:
Jan  3 00:32:52 cub3 imapd: Connection, ip=[::ffff:80.35.195.218]
Jan  3 00:32:53 cub3 imapd: chdir Maildir: No such file or directory
Jan  3 00:32:53 cub3 imapd: sachiel@cub3.net: No such file or directory

I used this to set up Courier
http://edin.no-ip.com/blog/hswong3i/exim4-courier-ssl-debian-etch-mini-howto

Which contains this:
If you have an existing user account without Maildir under home directory, run the following command:
maildirmake ~/Maildir

HTH,

--
Tony van der Hoff        | mailto:tony@vanderhoff.org