Re: pm-hibernate as user

Michael Biebl wrote:
On 19.12.2012 00:34, berenger.morel@neutralite.org wrote:
Except using sudo, I know no solution... sadly.
Maybe you can do something with policykit, too, I never tried to understand how it works, but I think giving rights to some softwares is its role.

sudo is one option, the other is to use upower (which runs as system
daemon with root privileges) and use a command like this

$ dbus-send --print-reply \
            --system \
            --dest=org.freedesktop.UPower \
            /org/freedesktop/UPower \
            org.freedesktop.UPower.Suspend

This related to LXDE which I am trying out. The hibernate and suspend buttons do nothing in the logout menu. Googling says that LXDE uses pm-utils. So I was guessing that invoking pm-hibernate/suspend was involved, which I can do as root but not as user.

Hugo