Re: wheezy how-to

The plain-old window managers are sufficiently different from Windows
and Apple that I feel comfortable stating that the developers are not
interested in keeping up with the current desktop trends. That gives me high confidence that there won't be many major changes in the way those
window managers work for years to come.  But who knows, I could be
wrong!

-Rob

That's at least an advantage of tiling window managers: their way of doing things is in their name :P More interesting is that they were the way to do things once, and the little try I gave to windows 8 made me think that they are just trying to copy that way... But as for command-line interfaces, they are late (well... in my only humble opinion of course) because wasted so many times saying that this way was only the past :D

So, long live i3, ratpoison, twm and alike :P

And, long live all alternative ways to doing things, even if I do not like some of them.