Encrypted system and grub2 splashscreen

I've got encrypted wheezy (encrypted lvm) and I can't change grub2 splashscreen. The method I'm using: to put file.jpg into /boot/grub (which of course is on the unencrypted primary partition) and run update-grub.
I'm sure that encryption is the reason of this problem, because i've tried it (the same method and the same .jpg file) on others unencrypted debians and it worked just fine there no matter if it was completely clean installation without xorg or regular gnome one. To the contrary on every encrypted debian installation (clean or with graphical environment) grub splash screen just wasn't working.

On unencrypted installation when I run update-grub it says something like "xxx.jpg was found in....." But when system is encrypted it doesn't seem to find the file - at least there's no comment about it.
That suggest that the problem occurs at the very moment of update-grub procedure - not when the computer is booting. It's update-grub command which cannot find the file. And that is strange because the file is on the unencrypted /boot partition.

What's the solution here?