Re: Is there an updates mailing list with change logs?

On 15/12/12 21:52, Steven Ayre wrote:
I use apticron (http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/apticron).
I see one of its dependencies is apt-listchanges.
Its web page (http://packages.debian.org/sid/apt-listchanges) mentions
"When configured as an APT plugin" but I web-surfing doesn't tell me if this is done on installation. I'd like synaptic to present me with a window with the packages in bold followed by a paragraph about the changes between the new version and the one I have installed.

A note indicating what new packages it requires over the previous version (or no longer requires) would be useful too.

I'm hoping a package (or package configuration) does this already, otherwise it's a feature request on Synaptic.

It runs a daily cronjob that does a apt-get update and then emails you if there are any upgrades available. The email includes the recent changeling entries.

-Steve