Re: Is there an updates mailing list with change logs?

On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 09:28:17PM +0000, Philip Ashmore wrote:
> My current work-flow of running synaptic, reloading, marking
> upgrades, viewing history, cherry-picking updates I'm interested in
> and viewing the changelogs for each, (or if they fail to download,
> "gunzip -c xyz/changelog.Debian.gz | less) sucks.
>
> Is there an updates list I can subscribe to so that the updates,
> complete with the changelog entry for the updates, get mailed to me
> when they're available.
>
> I realise it's going to depend on their availability on my local
> mirror, so as an alternative, could it be bundled with the update,
> or available in semantic along side the history entries.
>
> I'm just brainstorming here - feedback welcome.
>
> Is there a package that does this already?

Are you looking for something like debian-devel-changes¹? It lists
much less than what you want (the latest changelog entry for a
package) and has uploads to all of Debian (not just testing or
unstable etc.).

Kumar

¹: https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-changes/
--
"[In 'Doctor' mode], I spent a good ten minutes telling Emacs what I
thought of it.  (The response was, 'Perhaps you could try to be less