Re: Preseeding - keyboard-configuration issue

On Fri 14 Dec 2012 at 22:15:44 +0000, Brian wrote:

> The configuring the keyboard question is not shown when I use
>
>    auto=true priority=critical file=/mnt/preseed.cfg

I regretted writing this response almost immediately after sending it.
Not that it is incorrect but is it almost as content free as the first
mail in this thread. Presenting what is seen on the screen as an "error"
and not saying at what point in the install the message came doesn't
help to understand what is going on.

So - a little apology. And more focussed help.

You are aware that a templates file in a udeb holds parameters which can
be preseeded. We are looking at preseeding the keyboard configuration.
Your existing preseed file gives you some clue which udeb contains the
relevant templates file, especially if you think in terms of keyboard or
console. You also have a screen message to aid you in a seach of the
file.

Now cast your fishing net and *you* tell us what might be missing in
your preseed file.