Re: Preseeding - keyboard-configuration issue

On Fri 14 Dec 2012 at 05:40:25 -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:

> Brian wrote:
> >
> >You fail to say which distribution you are using and which preseeding
> >method is employed.
>
> See first line of my post.

I saw it the first time. All it tells us is that you have read some
Squeeze documentation. Another guess: you are using file preseeding. Is
that correct?

> >I'll guess at Squeeze for the first omission. For
> >the second you have Sections B.1.1., B.2.2. and B.2.3. of the manual.
>
> B.1.1. only mention of keyboard related issues is "In order to avoid
> the questions that would normally appear before the preseeding
> occurs, you can start the installer in “auto” mode. This delays
> questions that would normally be asked too early for preseeding
> (i.e. language, country and keyboard selection) until after the
> network comes up, thus allowing them to be preseeded. It also runs
> the installation at critical priority, which avoids many unimportant
> questions."
>
> B.2.2.talks about " Using boot parameters to preseed questions"
> generally but says  *NOTHING* about any values for keyboard related
> parameters.
>
> B.2.3. only mention of keyboard related issues is  "The auto boot
> label is not yet defined everywhere. The same effect may be achieved
> by simply adding the two parameters auto=true priority=critical to
> the kernel command line. The auto parameter is an alias for
> auto-install/enable and setting it to true delays the locale and
> keyboard questions until after there has been a chance to preseed
> them, while priority is an alias for debconf/priority and setting it
> to critical stops any questions with a lower priority from being
> asked."

The configuring the keyboard question is not shown when I use

   auto=true priority=critical file=/mnt/preseed.cfg