Re: legacy-bootordering in Wheezy?

On 2012-12-03 16:47 +0100, Rob van der Putten wrote:

> Rob van der Putten wrote:
>
>> Tom H wrote:
>
>>> Why a circular dependency? You're adding it to nfs-kernel-server not
>>> to bind9.
>>
>> '$remote_fs' confused me. '/etc/insserv.conf' cleared things up.
>
> Actually I'm still confused.
>
> From /etc/insserv.conf;
> #
> # All remote filesystems are mounted (note in some cases /usr may
> # be remote. Most applications that care will probably require
> # both $local_fs and $remote_fs)
> #
> $remote_fs      $local_fs +mountnfs +mountnfs-bootclean +umountnfs +sendsigs
>
> So is this an AND or an OR?

An AND, with the facilities starting with the '+' sign being optional.
See insserv(8).

> /etc/init.d/bind9 wants $remote_fs. So if NFS wants $named and
> $remote_fs is an AND then Bind would be waiting for NFS to mount and
> NFS would be waiting for DNS to function.

Correct, this is a circular dependency, and insserv should complain
about that.  To break it, make bind9 depend on $localfs rather than
$remotefs (I assume /usr is not mounted via NFS, otherwise your legacy
boot order would not have worked).

Cheers,
       Sven