Re: legacy-bootordering in Wheezy?

On Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 10:26 AM, Rob van der Putten <rob@sput.nl> wrote:
> Tom H wrote:

>> You can use an insserv override to add
>> Should-Start: $named
>> Should-Stop: $named
>> to the nfs-kernel-server LSB headers to ensure that bind starts before
>> nfs.
>
> The bind9 script says: Provides:          bind9
>
> I assume this is somehow translated into: Provides:          named.
>
> Where can I find more on this subject.
>
> How do I check that adding 'Should-Start: $named' and 'Should-Stop: $named'
> won't introduce a circular dependency?

Why a circular dependency? You're adding it to nfs-kernel-server not to bind9.

"Provides: bind9" means that the bind9 init script provides the bind9
boot facility.

"bind9" is one of the facilities that fulfills the "$named" facility
(see "/etc/insserv.conf").

"Required-Start: boot_facility_x" means that boot_facility_x must be
available for the script to be started.

"Should-Start: boot_facility_y" means that, if boot_facility_y is
present, it must be available for the script to be started.

> This still leaves me with my X + mouse problem.
> Is there a (standard) way to run a script when starting X?

I've forgotten what your X/mouse problem was, but, since I didn't
answer it, I didn't have anything to suggest (unsurprisingly since I
know pretty much nothing about X). Sorry.