Re: Linux vs BSD (was Re: how many users is enough?)

David Guntner wrote:
If I recall correctly, in an earlier posting you made here you asked about the difference between BSD and Linux. If that wasn't you, I apologize, and hope that the person who asked will see the subject line and find this just the same. :-) I stumbled upon the following write-up on the subject and found it to be an interesting read. As someone who cut his early teeth on UNIX systems, I'd say that I largely agree with the distinctions that he makes between the two. http://www.over-yonder.net/~fullermd/rants/bsd4linux/01 --Dave

Dave... thanks for the pointer. It's a useful and informative writeup, and a good read. (I also say this as someone who used early Unices, as well as both Linux and BSD).