Linux vs BSD (was Re: how many users is enough?)

berenger.morel@neutralite.org grabbed a keyboard and wrote:
> Le 01.12.2012 07:50, Chris Bannister a écrit :
>> On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 02:35:41PM +0100, "Morel Bérenger" wrote:
>>> If I am not wrong, .NET have documented specifications, and I ~think~
>>> they are also doing some free softwares.
>>
>> $ apt-cache show mono-complete
>
> I was speaking about microsoft :)

If I recall correctly, in an earlier posting you made here you asked
about the difference between BSD and Linux.  If that wasn't you, I
apologize, and hope that the person who asked will see the subject line
and find this just the same. :-)

I stumbled upon the following write-up on the subject and found it to be
an interesting read.  As someone who cut his early teeth on UNIX
systems, I'd say that I largely agree with the distinctions that he
makes between the two.

http://www.over-yonder.net/~fullermd/rants/bsd4linux/01

                --Dave