Re: Boot loaders for Linux that can also boot FreeBSD

On Thu, November 29, 2012 10:37 am, Tom H wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 8:58 AM, Ralf Mardorf
> <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
>>
>> I need a boot loader for Linux, that is comfortable to use for my needs,
>> a Linux multi-boot with
>> trillions of Linux installs,
>> trillions ^ 2 kernels and
>> (trillions ^ 2) * 1024 entries with different boot options, so something
>> as GRUB 2 is unusable for my needs.
>>
>> Until now I was comfortable with GRUB legacy, but now I add a FreeBSD
>> install to my machine and against the claims at
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_boot_loaders
>>
>> GRUB legacy does not boot FreeBSD (until now).

<snip>

Hello Ralf,

Taking the specification of `trillions' of installs as a slight
exaggeration and not the combined efforts of multiple generations, I find
that GAG, a Spanish-based GPL effort, is quite comfortable booting as many
as nine different operating systems, including the BSDs.
Regards,

Weaver.

--
"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its  government."
 -- Thomas Paine

Registered Linux User: 554515