Re: Boot loaders for Linux that can also boot FreeBSD

On Thu, November 29, 2012 10:37 am, Tom H wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 8:58 AM, Ralf Mardorf
> <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
>> I need a boot loader for Linux, that is comfortable to use for my needs,
>> a Linux multi-boot with
>> trillions of Linux installs,
>> trillions ^ 2 kernels and
>> (trillions ^ 2) * 1024 entries with different boot options, so something
>> as GRUB 2 is unusable for my needs.
>> Until now I was comfortable with GRUB legacy, but now I add a FreeBSD
>> install to my machine and against the claims at
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_boot_loaders
>> GRUB legacy does not boot FreeBSD (until now).

Hello Ralf,

Taking the specification of `trillions' of installs as a slight
exaggeration and not the combined efforts of multiple generations, I find
that GAG, a Spanish-based GPL effort, is quite comfortable booting as many
as nine different operating systems, including the BSDs.

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its  government."
 -- Thomas Paine

Registered Linux User: 554515