Re: about xfce and window managers

On 27 Nov 2012, John L. Cunningham wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 04:09:07PM +0000, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> >
> > Xmonad is good but for configuration you have to delve into Haskell,
>
> In my experience, it's not that bad. Mostly because someone has probably
> already done what you want it to do AND blogged about it. So you just
> have to cut-and-paste.
>
> > which is quite an undertaking. Dwm is easier to configure (in C, but you
> > don't really need to know C to change things). I3 and spectrwm both are
>
> I use dwm on all my desktops. Have you heard of anyone using it as a
> window manager inside a desktop environment? My google-fu is failing me.
>
> --
> John

Yes, I resorted to cut-and-paste from stuff on the net for xmonad
myself, but I felt that this was a second-best solution. Xmonad has a
good discussion forum, which helps.

I don't know about using any tiling wm on a desktop - I haven't used one
for years.

AC

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk