Re: how many users is enough? (was Re: Debian Installer 7.0 Beta4 release)

On Tuesday 27 November 2012 15:13:19 Beco wrote:
> We would have more contributors if Debian wasn't so proud of being for
> advanced users.

But my experience is that it isn't.  People are encouraged to help with
developing and all the other jobs that are needed. and can get a mentor to
help.

Can you adduce some evidence/statistics to support your thesis that Ubuntu has
a better conversion rate than Debian?

Remember that Ubuntu has quite few paid developers who do it as their
full-time paid job.  Debian relies on volunteers, who mainly also need a "day
job" if they want to eat.

Lisi