Re: Can Debian's paranoia be tamed

Le 23.11.2012 22:19, Miles Fidelman a écrit :
Richard Owlett wrote:
Miles Fidelman wrote:

you might try using expert mode when installing, and then
answering yes when the installer asks about enabling root
login,

That did not work.

That's rather odd.  The installer always asks me to set up a root
account, before setting up an account for the first user, just before
configuring the clock.

If I am not wrong, when you choose to disable root, it means you can only have root rights with sudo, su or login as root just does not work.