Re: Can Debian's paranoia be tamed

Darac Marjal wrote:
On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 11:00:17AM -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:
I've a laptop whose *SOLE* purpose in life is to be used in a manner
that a even I would never do on a machine with real data on it.
It has intrinsically the best security in place
   Only _*I*_ have physical access to the machine.
   It has no possibility of connecting to the internet.
   It will *never* be updated.
   The installation CD lives in the drive, for various reasons the
hard drive is wiped and reinstall done 2-3 times per week.

When I boot I want to do *ANYTHING*!
HOW?

Log in as root?

Effectively that's what I want.
BUT neither 'root' nor 'superuser' is recognized by Gnome login screen :<

[installed from Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.5 "Squeeze" - Official i386 DVD Binary-1 20120512-13:45]