Re: Question about deb versioning

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 7:04 PM, Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> wrote:
> It's most probably a packaging mistake in our custom
> package, but I just can't figure why.

Try "aptitude -s install acesso" (you don't have to be root for that),
and look what solutions, if any, aptitude proposes.  There is a prompt
("Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?]") at the end, if you press "n",
aptitude tries to find another solution.

Thanks for the suggestion. The problem wasn't related to deb versioning,
but to some broken dependencies along the tree and apt didn't give a clue.
Perhaps I should start using aptitude more frequently...

Thanks Sven

Cheers,
       Sven