Re: screensaver recommendation

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 11:42:33AM +0800, lina wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wish to have a screensaver.
>
> Thanks ahead for recommendation.
>

> xscreensaver doesn't work for me cause it won't recognize the password
> due to I use the dovrak layout. To me, seems the reboot is the only resort.

If you just want the screen to lock, or if that, at least, is useful to
you, perhaps you should look at slock, xlock, or xlockmore.

I don't know if the dvorak layout will have any bearing on how they
work.
I usually use slock on my laptop and must map it to Mod1+x to lock the
screen if I walk away from it. (I have xscreensaver set up that way, and
with the timed lock feature on my desktop).
Slock just blanks the screen and locks it.
It unlocks when you enter the password of the logged in user, but it
doesn't even give a prompt.  Quite useful.

Tony
--
http://www.tonybaldwin.me
all tony, all the time!