Re: Graphic-Card-Resolution in GUI affects blanking virtual-consoles(tty1 etc.)

Hello Chris,

perhaps I do not understand your proposal ...  if I switch to runlevel=1
(that's the single user mode, isn't it?)  there is no X running, so I can
login as root only in text-mode (console).
X (or graphical user interface such as KDE) is only available at runlevel 2 up
to runlevel 6.
So again: no matter wich user is logged in KDE - the virtual console blanks IF
there is another graphic-card resolution than the (automaticly choosen
1600x1200).

greetings
Herbert