Black Screen of Death

Last night, I got two BSODs while building my firewall (actually building its
toolchain). General Protection Fault. I snapped a pic of the second one.

This is on wheezy, 64-bit, updated, using the latest 3.2.0-4-amd64 kernel.

I last saw similar problems some years back when I had hardware troubles
(failing on-board P/S). Thus I lean toward hardware trouble, but have a small
suspicion it could be wheezy's new -4 kernel.

Has anyone else encountered such with wheezy?