Re: Thunar, USB-sticks and big files
- To: Andreas Rönnquist <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: Debian-User Mailinglist <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Thunar, USB-sticks and big files
- From: Osamu Aoki <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 21:28:15 +0900
- Message-id: <20121118122815.GA24927@goofy.localdomain>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 11:58:29AM +0100, Andreas Rönnquist wrote:
> Hi guys!
> I have a problem copying big files to an USB-stick using thunar in
> I do this to copy ripped DVD's to USB memory for viewing in a TV with
> Nothing extremely serious, I can still copy the files using terminal as
> I said, but it would be nice to have it working using only Thunar too.
You see this list talking the same problem :-)
You are hitting 4GB limit of FAT.
Reformat USB stick with
* ext2/3/4 if moving around Linux.
* Darwin UFS, I think, for Mac
* NTFS for Windows ...