Re: The following packages will be REMOVED:

Ralf Mardorf:
> On Wed, 2012-11-14 at 08:23 +0000, Jon Dowland wrote:
>>
>> I suspect what is happening is the transition from ia32-libs to multiarch, and
>> the non-free 3rd party packages have not been updated to work with the multiarch
>> way of doing things.
>
> The disadvantage of upgrading from one release to the next release and
> the disadvantage of rolling releases.

This has more to do with the disadvantage of non-free software or
external repositories in general.

> I can't speak for this particular case, but sometimes it seems to be
> less work to make a new install.

… which won't help in this case.

> Btw. the reason for me that perhaps will make me switch from Arch back
> to Debian.

Oh, please. You don't understand this particular problem but use it as a
reason for a switch anyway?  I generelly don't understand why people
feel the need to announce their switch on this list

J.
--
I eat meat and am concerned about bugs which are resistant to
antibiotics.