Re: The following packages will be REMOVED:

Packages installed as automatic, and removed because no-one depends on them, maybe?

Le 13.11.2012 21:00, Charles Kroeger a écrit :
acroread acroread-debian-files acroread-escript acroread-plugins ia32-libs ia32-libs-gtk ia32-libs-xulrunner lib32v4l-0 mozilla-acroread nspluginwrapper
softmaker-office-2012

Now why would a 'dist-upgrade' want to do such a thing?

Then there's this:  'apt-get -u upgrade'

  ia32-libs ia32-libs-gtk libv4l-0 libv4lconvert0
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 4 not upgraded.

So since I don't have 'aptitude or aptitude-common' installed, why is apt-get
trying to remove all my non-free programs?

Does it need to remove the non-free stuff before it can upgrade ia32-libs
ia32-libs-gtk?

(for weeks on any 'dist-upgrade' these two ia32 packages have been
'kept back'
without apt-get wanting to remove the non-free software, until now.

Can anyone interpret what's going on?  Debian has always got along
pretty well with
the non-free world, and it should because it's not going away, and the free
software movement cannot be all things to all users.

--
CK

System Information
GTK+ 2.24.10 / GLib 2.32.4
Locale: en_US.UTF-8 (charset: UTF-8)
Operating System: Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64 (x86_64)
Debian unstable