Re: What professional PCIe audio cards do work with Linux?

On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 11:21:58AM +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 11:20:38 +0100
> Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
>
> > Hi :)
> >
> > I already asked on some lists about my RME HDSPe AIO card. I
> > explicitly bought this for Linux usage only in 2011, but never needed
> > all available channels until now. Now I notice that the card can't be
> > used for serious audio productions. At the moment I'm producing. It's
> > very time consuming and a lot of the things I need aren't available.
> > The card
> > + ADAT comes with 10 IOs, but only 4 can be used, so I only can loop
> > in one 19" reverb, already a help, but not enough for my needs.
> >
> > Are there any professional PCIe audio cards that are working with
> > Linux? I'll ask this on several lists, perhaps somebody does know
> > such a card at least on one list.

I use an M-Audio Delta 1010LT on Debian Squeeze.  I have used the 8
analog inputs and outputs, but none of the others (I think a couple of
digital ins/outs and MIDI are all that's left).

Two of the analog inputs are XLR and have a built-in pre-amp.  The other
analog inputs are RCA and are line-level, so you'll need a pre-amp if
you plan to hook up a microphone or instrument to those inputs.

As for software, I use:

envy24control
ardour2
guitarix
rakarrack
jack
pulseaudio
rhythmbox
iceweasel/flash/gnash

Everything works fine as far as I can tell.

-Rob