Re: Directory ownership

 On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 01:50:03 -0500 "Gean Ceretta
 geanceretta@linuxmail.org" suggested this:

	>*# chown -Rv gean:gean /home/gean* but the ownership stays the
	same root, maybe its important to say that the /home is an NTFS
	partition, mounted by /etc/fstab as:
> */dev/sda3 /home auto defaults 0 0*
> this is the correct way to mount this? the problem can be here? All
> 	the home dirs in this machine have root ownerships.

  Probably mistaken, but if it's a windows partition, you can't change
  the permissions.

 Otherwise: chown -RV gean: /home/gean should work?

 If it's a Linux NTFS, then maybe that file system doesn't allow any
 permission changes?  I've never used NTFS other than on a windows
 system preferring ext3 for Debian.

 Sorry, can't assist any more than that.
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	The Great Way is not difficult for those who have no
	preferences. ------------------- Sengstan Third Zen Patriarch