extending LV with JFS online

Hello,

I have question related to extending JFS size to new size of LV (using LVM), I found that I have to use

mount -o remount,resize mountpoint

and also that there were some problems related to older kernels and in these cases exact size should be used like

mount -o remount,resize=1048576 mountpoint

So my question is, if there is some outage during this procedure, because this filesystem is exported with NFS
and I need to do it online without any outage.

Does anybody have some experiences with JFS resizing?

used kernel : 2.6.32-5-amd64