[Fwd: Re: How to set display resolution manually?]

Sorry for bad reply. Here is a copy past of the message I have sent only
to you by error, for the mailing list:

And an interesting side effect of my method is that you can continue to
*not* having any Xorg.conf, which is not that bad in my humble opinion. (I
am really grateful to Debian or whoever made it to allow me to avoid using
that file)
== MESSAGE SENT ==
I think the easier way is to use the XrandR software: no need to restart
X, and bash auto-completion make things just easier to make the line you
want, or change things temporarily.
To make it automatic, just put the line in "~/.xinitrc". I do not have
such a file here, but if you need I can send you the version I have at
home (which works perfectly).

I guess something like that would works for you for dual screen:
"$xrandr --output LVDSI --mode 1366x768 --output VGA1 --mode 1920x1080
--right-of LVDSI"

To only use the second screen, you can do that:
"$xrandr --output LVDSI --off --output VGA1 --mode 1920x1080 --right-of
LVDSI"

Of course, I assumed that your lenovo have same graphic outputs as my
eeepc, which could be wrong.
Hope it helps.