Re: manually reset/load network nameser configuration only?

Le 05/11/2012 23:28, Britton Kerin a écrit :
> I have some obnoxious problem with my laptop, such that
> the NerworkManager Applet sometimes gets me on wireless
> or wired network ok, but somehow the nameserver doesn't
> start working right, despite working fine for other computers
> on the same network.
>
> I'm wondering if there is some way to specify the nameserver
> to user and reset that part of the network infrastructure?

you mean you want to force dns servers instead of accepting what dhcp
would say? if so, you can configure this in dhclient.conf
	supersede domain-name-servers 192.0.2.53 192.0.2.153

for more infos, see

http://wiki.debian.org/NetworkConfiguration#The_resolvconf_program

http://wiki.debian.org/NetworkConfiguration#DNS_configuration_for_network-manager

http://wiki.debian.org/NetworkConfiguration#DHCP_Client_Configuration

if you need more control, install unbound, configure it, and use
127.0.0.1 as your dns "relay".