Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Intel/AMD x86 CPU microcode update system in non-free

On Mon, Nov 05, 2012 at 09:12:53PM CET, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> said:

> Microcode updates will be applied immediately when the microcode
> packages are installed or updated: you don't have to reboot.  You will
> have to keep the packages installed, though: as explained above, the
> microcode updates have to be reapplied at every boot.
>
> You can check which version of the microcode your processors are running
> by looking for "microcode" lines on /proc/cpuinfo.  This information is
> only available on recent kernels (such as the Wheezy kernel).

One minor point : on two machines I had to reboot in order for the new
microcode to be applied. Maybe because I installed iucode-tool in the
same aptitude invocation, thus it was not fully instead at time of
intel-microcode post-install ?