Re: compiling a Debian package

--- On Fri, 11/2/12, lee <lee@yun.yagibdah.de> wrote:

> From: lee <lee@yun.yagibdah.de>
> Subject: Re: compiling a Debian package
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Date: Friday, November 2, 2012, 6:11 PM
> Go Linux <golinux@yahoo.com>
> writes:
>
> > po'd.  Thankfully, I did manage to get the driver
> for the old nvidia
> > card installed with the sgfxi script but had to
> blacklist nouveau to
> > get it to work.
>
> Just use either the drivers from their website or the Debian
> version of
> those.  Won't that work?

The Debian version of the driver wouldn't install.  It advised me to use nouveau during the failed process. I had never used the sgfxi script before.  It identifies the correct driver and downloads it from the nvidia site.  Not without a few bumps but thankfully worked in the end.  Card is a 4000 series which is on the edge of no longer being supported.