Re: compiling a Debian package

Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> writes:

> It is much the best solution to the problem you keep expounding.

It is not a solution at all.

> You clearly dislike Debian intensely, so it is daft to keep using it.

I don't dislike Debian, I only dislike that the developers broke it.

> Windows would give you everything you say you want: up to date
> hardware support and proprietary drivers.  And no FLOSS dead ends.

No, I don't want non-free software.  It's only something that's there
and which is required because unfortunately, there is no alternative.

> Debian has decided to go back to its roots.

No, it hasn't, it has turned away from them.

> Debian is what it is.  Most of us like it, which is why we use it.  If you
> don't like it, don't use it.

Well, it's a pity to see a distribution which has been great for such a
long time go down like that.  And it's not easy to find a replacement,
so  it'll take some time.

--
Debian testing iad96 brokenarch