Re: compiling a Debian package

On Thursday 01 November 2012 17:16:24 lee wrote:
> Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> writes:
> > On Wednesday 31 October 2012 15:25:52 Darac Marjal wrote:
> >> Anyway, I feel like I'm feeding a troll here, so I'll just point you to
> >> Debian's Social Contract[4] which describes this better than I can
> >
> > He likes moaning. ;-)  We are suggesting ways of solving his problem, but
> > it is more fun to slag off the poor developers who do a great job without
> > pay.
>
> The only thing you have suggested is to stop using Debian, and I don't
> call that a solution.  It's really funny because a suggestion like that
> fits this mailing list perfectly :))

It is much the best solution to the problem you keep expounding.  You clearly
dislike Debian intensely, so it is daft to keep using it.  Windows would give
you everything you say you want:  up to date hardware support and proprietary
drivers.  And no FLOSS dead ends.

Debian has decided to go back to its roots.  Since you so profoundly disagree
with the policy, stop using Debian.  The developers are volunteers.  They can
do what they want to do.  You could always pay someone to develop a fork for
you, or develop it for yourself.  There are plenty of distros with different
policies - and there is Windows.  And OSX, of course.

Debian is what it is.  Most of us like it, which is why we use it.  If you
don't like it, don't use it.

Lisi