Re: Checking local mail with Icedove

On Friday, November 2, 2012 07:57, craig@gtek.biz said:

>> I don't think you need to bother with POP or IMAP. It appears Icedove
>> has an account type called "movemail" that you can point to
>> /var/spool/mail/<user>.
>> Personally, I use good old /usr/bin/mail for this purpose.
>> John

Well, it is almost what I want, but the check for new mail on start up and the
check for new mail every X minutes do not seem to work. I can only get mail if
I manually check for new mail. I'm unable to find a solution for those issues,
but I can find others asking about the same thing. I would assume that Icedove
does a pull of the mail spool, so it should be possible to do it on a schedule
or at start up, shouldn't it?

Sent - Gtek Web Mail