Partition Control During Debian Installation

Hi,

Several weeks ago I installed Debian on my older Intel-based 32-bit machine. In anticipation of this, I had installed a 1TB hard disk, which I expected to be able to install three distros on for experimenting.

Debian was the first distro (it came on a CD in a Linux magazine) I tried to install. I expected that the installer would give me a choice about how much partition space to use out of the 1TB available, but I could not find any way in the installer to tell it not to use the full 1TB. I completed the installation and the whole 1TB is used up.

I'm quite new to installation Linux distros, and this list appears to be the place to get good help and information. Right?

Thanks,
Alan