Re: usernames installed by packages

> How can I get a list of all the possible usernames that might be
> required by packages on a server?

I remember a previous discussion about this question and IIRC the
conclusion was that there is no such list. Some packages use prefixed
usernames (like debian-tor), but most don't.

> Or is this a misguided way to do it and I should instead modify the
> user's choice by applying a prefix or some such?

That is probably the best way to do it.

If I was Mark Chapman I would have shot John Lennon with a water pistol.
[Agree]   [Disagree]