btrfs on LUKS

Hello out there,
I want to prepare my new ssd as an encrypted fs. In order to do that I
took a reasonably new version of the network-installer and created:
first an ext3 partition to hold the kernel. Then one MB of free space
(the debian-installer does it that way if I choose an encrypted
FS-installation, can anybody tell my why?). Then the LUKS-partition and
at least 20% free space, because TRIM is a problem on encrypted SSDs:
http://asalor.blogspot.de/2011/08/trim-dm-crypt-problems.html

But on that LUKS-partition I want to create a btrfs-FS, but the only fs
I can choose here is ext3? Is there another way. I did it allready with
a LVM in between (dev->LUKS->LVM) but this bizarre because btrfs has
allready LVM-features. So is there another way except for mounting this
ssd and use btrfs-convert?

Thank you for help.

/christian