Re: dpkg --set-selections <list

On 10/29/2012 04:25 PM, jon.jrs@gmail.com wrote:
I am having trouble with the following:

$ dpkg --get-selections>list (this appears to work okay)

but:

# dpkg --set-selections<list

The command gives an error which is repeated over and over.

dpkg: warning: package not in database at line 341

This worked fine for me on a previous occasion, so I am doing something
stupid - but I cannot see it.

The only difference that I know of is that I am trying to do this to
a to an installation of sid within virtualbox.

That is it.

serious bugs of dpkg (-> ) <marked as done in some version>
#690823 - gadfly: build wrong version of the packaging during a binNMU (Fixed: dpkg/1.16.9) #684776 - dpkg incorrectly complains about conffile contents being different for MA packages (Fixed: dpkg/1.16.9)

--
HTH