Re: Login music in console

That's easily done and arbitrarily too.  Figure your desired percentage
for lower speaker volume and do another amixer -D hw set Master 72% unmute
just after the ogg123 command.  The 72% figure may not be completely
correct, but those who always listen to classical music quietly can come
up with a good percentage.On Sat, 27 Oct 2012, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

> Jude DaShiell wrote:
> > What's wrong with arbitrarily setting mixer volume before playing the ogg
> > file?On Sat, 27 Oct 2012, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> >

> I guess it depends on personal preferences: I play classical music softly
> always. So when the ogg file plays upon boot you would hardly hear it. That's
> why I suggested finding a trick to set the volume louder when playing the ogg
> file.
>
> Hugo

> > > But the problem with using that is that you are stuck with the volume that
> > > the
> > > mixer is set at. There ought to be a way to check those settings, adjust
> > > for
> > > loudness, play the sound, and reset back to what the settings were. ;-)
> > >
> > > Hugo

jude <jdashiel@shellworld.net>
Adobe fiend for failing to Flash