Re: Login music in console

Jude DaShiell wrote:
What's wrong with arbitrarily setting mixer volume before playing the ogg file?On Sat, 27 Oct 2012, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

I guess it depends on personal preferences: I play classical music softly always. So when the ogg file plays upon boot you would hardly hear it. That's why I suggested finding a trick to set the volume louder when playing the ogg file.

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Dr Beco wrote:
Dear linuxers,

What little program would you recommend to simple play a music like

Is there a small console player fit to this simple task?

Should I put it on ~/.profile? It would be better if the music play
only once per turn on, not every successfull login.

ogg123 in vorbis-tools?

But the problem with using that is that you are stuck with the volume that the
mixer is set at. There ought to be a way to check those settings, adjust for
loudness, play the sound, and reset back to what the settings were. ;-)