Re: How to update

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 07:41:54PM +0100, Edwin Zarthrusz wrote:
> Can you send me a straight-forward list of commands for updating and applying any necessary security patches and such on my install? And is there a way of getting it to update automatically?

1. Edit your /etc/apt/sources.list and make sure there's a
stanza for security.debian.org.

2. sudo apt-get install apticron

3. edit /etc/apticron/apticron.conf to have a reliable email
address for you.

Now you will get an email whenever there are security updates
for your system, and a reminder of the single command necessary
to apply them all.

Read http://www.debian.org/security/

-dsr-

--
http://randomstring.org/~dsr/eula.html is hereby incorporated by reference.
You can't fight for freedom by taking away rights.