Re: gnome

On 21/10/12 07:49, Brendan Inglese wrote:
recover my workstation is to SSH in
remotely and stop gdm3 then start it again

Hi,

I occasionally have the same issue, I also have similar hardware.. I do
not have a solution, maybe when 3.6 arrives it might improve?

One thing I thought to mention is that, you don't /have/ to SSH in, you
can switch to a different console and then restart gdm.... this is done
by pressing Ctrl+Alt+F1
(you can use more than F1 to switch to multiple consoles, X seems to use
console 7)

Not sure if you already know this, but it is a good trick and often gets
me out of trouble :)

-Ben

This email, its content and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may be legally privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not divulge any of its contents to anyone and should delete the email and contact the sender on the telephone number shown above or via return email. Messages sent via this medium may be subject to delays, non-delivery and unauthorised alteration.  This email has been prepared using information believed by the author to be reliable and accurate, but neither TwentyCi Limited, nor any of its subsidiaries or associates makes any warranty as to its accuracy or completeness.  Any opinions or recommendations expressed herein are solely those of the author. TwentyCi Limited is a company registered in England, No.06943607. The registered office address is: 6 Whittle Court Knowlhill Milton Keynes MK5 8FT