Re: Various modethods accesing debian-user list

Andrei POPESCU wrote:
On Ma, 16 oct 12, 10:23:54, Richard Owlett wrote:
I am subscribed to debian-user@lists.debian.org in the normal
fashion. Last weekend, for an unknown/unknowable reason, mail from
all lists from lists.debian.org was interrupted. Also I was unable
to connect to the archive page. Whatever the problem was, it is
apparently resolved.

That got me looking for alternatives in case it recurs.
I found reference to USENET access via linux.debian.user and was
reminded of the digest alternative subscription.

I have 2 questions.
1. Is the link between the USENET newsgroup completely bidirectional
with the mailing list?
     I'm posting this via USENET as a partial test for that.

It depends on the gateway. AFAIK gmane is the most popular, and they
also have a nice web interface.

Google Groups is another way to access the mailing list, especially if
you want to post directly from there.

gmane would be my second choice after a standard news reader.
any thing related to Google is a last resort - they find almost as many ways to annoy me as Mr. Gates & co ;/

2. I've received a digest version already. It seems awkward -
obviously a reflection on how I'm used to doing things.
     My question is "Does there exist some commentary on how to get
the most from the digest?"

Digest used to be broken, but even if it is fixed now, in order to be
able to reply you need a client that really know how to handle them.
This has been discussed recently on list and a few suggestions have been
made.

I don't recall possible solutions being mentioned. I've local copy of most of last ~15 months. I'll browse. If it requires a different client, I'll probably drop the idea for now. I'm changing too many other things at the moment ;)
Thanks

Kind regards,
Andrei