Re: Wally Lepore

On Tuesday 16 October 2012 10:22:27 Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Ma, 16 oct 12, 12:06:30, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> > Unfortunately the CoC is ignored a lot in this regard. You could set up
> > a filter in Gmail to archive or delete such mails if you are 100% sure
> > you don't need them.
>
> To elaborate on the filter:
>
> In the Gmail web interface type this in the search box:
>
>     to:debian-user@lists.debian.org OR cc:debian-user@lists.debian.org
>
> and look through the results (this will match all your messages as
> well). If you are sure you don't ever need them in your Inbox expand the
> the search box like a drop-down menu and click on "Create filter with
> this search". The "Mark as read" and "Skip Inbox" actions should do what
> you want.

I know that, thank you. I have done it frequently.  I don't want to filter all
Wally's emails and all the replies to the list.  You have clearly not
understood at all, because you are telling me how to filter out Wally's stuff
to the list. I do want to help and follow.  I do _not_ want the emails about
Wally sent to me as well as to the list.

It is getting beyond a joke.  I can certainly say that I emphatically do not
want a _personal_ copy in addition to the mailing list one.  This is a
problem that I have never met before, hope never to meet again, and it is
ridiculous.

This is turning into a flame and I have no wish to quarrel with you.  You are
not getting deluged so it doesn't inconvenience you. Fine. You don't
understand the problem.   Fine.  But please everyone else, just send the
replies to Wally's stuff to the list and not to me personally as well.

Lisi