Re: GRUB location on Dual-Boot with TWO hard drives

On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 09:36:28PM +0100, Lisi wrote:
> Yes, and you don't need to say
> su root.
> Just
> su
> is enough.

True, but then su on its own won't "source" root's environment, whereas
"su -" will source root's environment as though you'd actually logged in
as root. Try them both to see what I mean.

> Debian by default does not allow booting into a GUI as root.

Weird, I can type "startx" as root and it throws me into a default fvwm
desktop.  I am running wheezy with fvwm. I think I remember a time when
I couldn't do that!

oppressing." --- Malcolm X