Re: Another OT: GRUB location on Dual-Boot with TWO hard drives

@Neal (really at Neal, not at Wally): We already confused Wally. Let's
avoid sudo, since sudo can be set up in various ways and IIRC a default
Debian comes without sudo.

At the moment it's only important to explain that we don't login as root
by a display manager, in the OP's case it for sure is GDM. I guess on
Windows it's possible to log in as admin or user.

The OP needs to understand that we open a terminal emulation and then
run a command, let's reduce it to "su" and/or "su -" to become root for
the commands that we use with this terminal emulation.

Ctrl+Alt+Fx is also not good. We should explain, step by step to use a
terminal emulation. The OP perhaps want to be able to copy a command
from an Internet browser to the terminal emulation. Ctrl+Alt+Fx isn't
useful for this usage. Apropos copy and paste not only when using a
terminal emulation ... we shouldn't overcharge the OP with all kinds off
shortcuts, but explain to use menus and right click.

For the terminal, we should explain the tab key.