Re: GRUB location on Dual-Boot with TWO hard drives

Hi Lisi, Brian, Lee, Joe, Neal, Dom, and Ralf,

Your support is very much appreciated. I've read all postings and had
trouble keeping up with replying to all my questions that have been so
very supportive.

I would like to take pause for a moment and kindly update you all on
my situation.

I did install Debain Squeeze. I am very happy. The dual boot menu did
actually work. GRUB presented me with a pre-boot menu BUT as i said
earlier, win2k was not listed in the OS choices as an optional boot.
GRUB did recognize it during the install no no-show at GRUM boot-up
menu time.

I finally found time to respond today and wanted to get this reply out
to the mailing list before 3:00pm Standard time. At 3;00pm standard
time here in the U.S.A., it's 12:00 midnight in Europe and the UK
where a lot of the support is coming from. Therefore the mailing list
tends to slow to a crawl after about 6:00pm eastern time here in the
United States.

Here is where I'm at on the learning curve with Linux. I have in the
past only worked with windows. I'm currently running three systems.
Win2k, winXP and Win7. Linux intrigues me. Has for years but I never
took the plunge until now. I have learned to accomplish many
administrative tasks in windows, I understand the file structure and
how to work with it, have installed and deleted programs, visited
system-edit (when I'm feeling  brave), have tweaked the desktop all
all settings etc. etc. I code web pages and currently learning "C"
programming, thus pretty much anything explained to me in windows I
can understand or at least navigate to the instructional destination.

I have received helpful posts from all of our fellow Debian users that
belong no where else except placed in a frame, and hung on a wall in a
museum. Just fantastic and extensive help, suggestions and support.
All presented in such extreme detail with much patience a advice.
Second to none.

The unfortunate part is that I am not a seasoned Linux user and do not
understand the where or how to enter the suggested Syntax to solve or
identify my issue with GRUB not listing win2k in the boot menu.

I will now reply (separately) to each and every post that has yet to
be responded to.

Thanks so much